We definitely have a treat for you today, a delicious salmon recipe to enjoy alongside a delicious rose. This recipe was put together by our Customer Service Administrator Fiona. This recipe is sure to tickle the taste-buds and satisfy the hunger demons. If you do decide to recreate this masterpiece, please be sure to share it with us, either on our Facebook page, or Twitter page!
4 salmon fillets, skin removed 4 baby pak choi, halved 4 thin slices fresh ginger 4 spring onions, finely sliced ½ red chilli, sliced 3 tbsp kicap manis or soy sauce 2 tbsp olive oil Splash of water for each parcel Fresh coriander to garnish 1 lime, quartered
400g purple sprouting broccoli 3 cloves garlic, sliced 2 tbsp kejap manis or soy sauce1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Lay a baking sheet onto your work surface then lay on a sheet of baking parchment. Place the pak choi on top slightly to one side, then top with the salmon fillet, chilli, ginger and spring onion.
2. Drizzle with the oil and kejap manis then fold over. Crimp the edges, pressing tightly to form a seal – you can fold and staple if you find this easier. Just before you finish the crimp, pour in the water then twist to seal.
3. Place into a preheated oven set at 200C / 180c fan / gas mark 6 for 10-12 minutes.
4. Boil a large pan of salted water then add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes then drain. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan then add the broccoli and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the kicap manis and sprinkling over the sesame seeds.
5. Remove the parcels from the oven, and serve by tearing into the parchment.
6. Sprinkle over the coriander and serve with the stir-fried broccoli and a wedge of lime.
Dave Roberts (Wine Buyer)
Whenever I’m having salmon it might surprise some of you that I often reach for a good bottle of Provence style rose. For this mildly spicy Asian flavoured dish, chill down a bottle of our Les Arbousiers Coteaux du Languedoc Cinsault Grenache Rose 2011 and enjoy the combination of the light strawberry fruit flavours and crisp refreshing finish to compliment the flavours from your culinary masterpiece perfectly!